Steven joined the Firm in 1996 and now serves as President. He focuses his practice on creditor’s rights litigation, general litigation, personal injury, contract law, real estate law, municipal law, liquor law, and criminal law. Steve’s experience includes litigating disputes over the interpretation and enforcement of contracts, general business litigation, and collection of debts for clients. Steve serves as Prosecutor for the Villages of Sugarcreek, Bolivar, Midvale and Strasburg.
Steve, a native of New Philadelphia, Ohio, received his undergraduate degree, with honors, from Ohio State University in 1992. While at Ohio State University, Steve was selected and studied pre-law at Oxford University in England. Steve earned his Juris Doctorate Magna Cum Laude from Capital University in 1996. While in law school Steve was class president, recipient of the Noah J. Kern academic scholarship, received the American Juris Prudence award in Constitutional Law, the C.A.L.I. award in Criminal Procedure, was a member of Law Review, the Order of the Curia, and served as an intern for Justice Andrew Douglas with the Ohio Supreme Court.
Steve serves as Solicitor for Mineral City, and is legal counsel for the Atwood Water and Sewer District as well as the Tuscarawas Metropolitan Sewer District.
Steve, his wife, Toni, and their children, Sydney and Riley reside in New Philadelphia.
Personal Injury Law
Real Estate Law
Real Estate Transactions
Real Estate Disputes
Government Entity Counsel
Municipal/Water and Sewer District
Collections, Foreclosures, Banking
• J.D., Capital Law School, 1996
• B.A. with Honors, History and Political Science, The Ohio State University
• Tuscarawas County Bar Association, past treasurer and secretary
• Ohio State Bar Association
Past and Present
• Sacred Heart Church, New Philadelphia, member
• Sacred Heart Church Finance Board, member
• Tuscarawas Central Catholic, girls softball coach
• Tuscarawas Central Catholic, volunteers as a mock trial coach
• TCCES Advisory Board, president
• Tuscarawas County Big Brothers/Big Sisters, board of directors
• Kent State University, Tuscarawas Campus, Real Estate Professor
• Punt, Throw and Kick Competitions, chairperson and coordinator
• High School Mock Trial Competition, chairperson and coordinator
• Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubble. This is awarded to the top 10% of lawyers in Ohio.
• Recipient of America’s Most Honored Lawyer’s Award given to the top 5% of lawyers.
• Appointed by the Ohio Supreme Court to serve on the Board of Commissions for the certification of lawyers as specialists.
• Appointed to serve on the New Philadelphia Municipal Court Drug Court.