• Tuscarawas County Bar Association
• Ohio State Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Kent State University, Tuscarawas Campus, Board of Trustees
• Kent State University, Tuscarawas Campus, Community Service Award, 1995
• Hospice of Tuscarawas County Endowment Fund Committee, Chairman since 1997
• Hospice of Tuscarawas County Board of Trustees, past board member
• New Philadelphia Lions Club, past president
• New Philadelphia Lions Club, Chairman of the Sight Saving Committee
• Melvin Jones Fellow award, 1994, the highest award given by the Lions Club International Foundation
• Ohio Lions Eye Research Foundation, 2007 Visionary Award, in recognition of significant contributions in eye research
• Tuscarawas Central Catholic High School Advisory Board, past member, past president
• Tuscarawas Central Catholic High School Foundation, past board member
• Tuscarawas Central Catholic High School Finance Committee, past member
• Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce, past board member and treasurer
• United Way of Tuscarawas County, past board member
• United Way of Tuscarawas County, past chairman of the Professional Division of Fund-Raising
• United Way of Tuscarawas County, past member of Funds Allocation Committee
• St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Dover, member, finance committee
• New Philadelphia Elks
• Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce 2011 Citizen of the Year award
1. Successfully litigated and won a nationally published federal court decision on behalf of a local lending institution in the case known as U.S. vs. Dansby, 509F.Supp. 188, in which Frank persuaded the federal court to rule that when the federal government, through its federal loan programs, embarks upon the business of lending money in competition with private firms and individuals, it must be governed, not by some uniform federal law, but by the same state laws which control the rights of private citizens in a similar endeavor. This was a very important case which effectively preserved the validity of the mortgage held by Frank's local lending institution client in the face of the government's challenges and saved the innocent homeowner from losing his home through no fault of his own.
2. Represented business owners in many types of endeavors, including acquisition, sales, day-to-day operations and complicated mergers and reorganizations of their business.
3. Since 2000, received an AV Rating from the Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory, which is the highest possible rating for both professional ability and ethics. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. This rating reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary regarding Frank's legal ability and general ethical standards.
4. Handled the transfer of small family businesses from the generation who originated the business to the next generation of the family.
5. Prepared will and trust documents to accomplish simple disposition of assets in the typical family setting, as well as complicated federal estate tax savings measures and business succession strategies.
Frank J Rose Jr
Real Estate Transactions
Real Estate Disputes
Collections, Foreclosures, Banking
Frank is originally from Batavia, New York. He joined the firm in 1976 and currently serves as Treasurer. Frank has extensive experience in drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney and other estate planning documents, both simple and complex, for our clients. He also has an extensive creditor's rights practice and regularly counsels the firm's business clients regarding the formation, acquisition, sale and day-to-day legal problems confronting their businesses.
Frank also taught real estate law at Kent State University, Tuscarawas Campus from 1979-1985. He served his country as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Army Reserves from 1971 until the completion of his service in 1980, at which time he was honorably discharged with the rank of Captain.
Frank and his wife, Sue, reside in New Philadelphia and have an adult son, Frank III, two adult daughters, Lisa and Michelle, and seven grandchildren.
• J.D., Case Western Reserve School of Law, 1974
• Graduated magna cum laude, John Carroll University, 1971
• Commissioned as officer in U.S. Army Reserves, 1971
• Received the designation of Distinguished Military Graduate, 1971